Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Knock Me Over, Rilo Kiley

I used to be a lot better at spotting up and coming bands, as my friends who know I was into Wilco before most people were can tell you. So I'm a little upset at myself for not knowing more about Rilo Kiley until last year.

I've heard a lot about them, my friends told me about them, yadda yadda yadda. So the first thing I do is go out and buy the solo album by their lead singer, Jenny Lewis - which is not the same thing as Rilo Kiley at all.

Anyhoo, I'm entranced by "Silver Lining," the lead-off song on the band's latest disc, "Under The Blacklight" (not a bad song either). A little poppy, really catchy, ought to be a bigger hit, but their songs are a little too subversive for mainstream taste. Or at least that's my take. Though I hear the current album is a little too well-produced compared to their older stuff. That's a problem the White Stripes don't have, but I'm pretty interested in hearing more

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gina said...

I like Rilo's stylo!