Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I Dream Of Wilco

Had the oddest dream last night, in which the final scene to some imaginary version of one of the Bourne movies began to roll. Matt Damon has completed his mission, saving the world in the process, and unknown figures begin rolling him out in a wheelchair. Dunno why.

In any case, he starts belting out a recent but little-known song from Wilco called "The Thanks I Get". (The first line goes, "Is that the thanks I get/ For loving you?") This is not a song that made it on to the band's most recent album. I only know it as the background to a recent Volkswagen ad and as a download from iTunes (which Ive listened to in full twice). Odd that it has already creeped into my consciousness - though I do have to admit, it sure is a catchy song (despite the fact that the quality of the lyrics sorta fade halfway in...)

No comments: