Thursday, July 10, 2008

If Bruce Springsteen married The Faces....

....I supposed you'd get a band like the Star Spangles. I'm listening to a lot of WRXP these days - the New York station with a playlist that actually includes interesting music, both old and new - and these guys' song, "Take Care of Us," hits a good spot.

They've got a dense, early-Springsteen musical sludge going on - too many instruments for the mix, perhaps? - but sound a more sprightly than Bruce might have when he was warbling fare like "Does This Bus Stop at 82nd Street?". I'd like to hear a second song before making the judgement call as to whether these guys are worth following.

1 comment:

Rambler said...

I saw them once years ago as an opening act but I can't remember for who. D Generation, The Dictators, who? Damn, this is going to drive me crazy now.